Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spice cabinet cleanout

I have been slowly hoarding spices over the past four years in the hopes of cooking exotic dishes. Well, now after several home made pasta sauce and taco dishes, plus the multitude of spices that I need for daily cooking, I am stuck with a spice cabinet with many odds and ends. I do have some organization already; for instance, i i have all my tea related items in one section, all of the baking or sweet cooking items above, all my asian cooking items at the top ( the hubby l loves chow mien ) and my daily use items, like chili powder ( yes, I use it daily) close by. But what bothers me is all the wasted space at the top, the mismatched containers, and items that are in the back, which I forget about and then never use. So, here's the plan , I'm going to clear out the cabinet, transfer everything to these lovely jars I got at Zellers today, use height so i can see items at the back, and create a list for the cabinet door so I know what I have. The labeling system i'll use will be numerical, so that I can use the jars for anything without changing the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment